We are currently interviewing for the following position(s):
SOCIAL MEDIA & PR INTERN
Part-time 15-20 hours per week during fall and spring academic semesters; 24-40 hours during summer break
As a Social Media & PR Intern for Botham, INK., you’ll have the opportunity to execute on marketing strategies for a variety of clients in a diverse set of industries. As part of our tight-knit team, your day-to-day could consist of creating & posting to our clients’ social media accounts, curating and building boxes for our sister company, WiscoBoxes, sitting in on client strategy meetings and more. You will be responsible for shooting and editing high-quality video content and photos to be used across multiple channels. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, have a sharp eye for aesthetics, have great storytelling and photography skills, be a strong verbal and written communicator and be open to working in an ever-changing environment.
The Social Media & PR Intern will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Shoot and edit photos and videos as needed for in-house and client social media posts, including on-location at client businesses
- Include embedded captions on videos as needed
- Schedule social media posts to Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Write copy for emails, ads and social media posts
- Assist with various tasks relating to in-house and client work as assigned
- Write press releases for distribution on behalf of clients and initiate follow up contact for coverage; schedule interviews and photo opportunities
- Build relationships with media professionals
- Be ever on the hunt for new and creative PR and social media opportunities for clients
- Develop and deploy social media and PR plans as components of overall client marketing plans
- Passion for video & social media marketing
- College/university junior or senior, or recent graduate, obtaining BA/BS in public relations, marketing, journalism/mass communications or equivalent area of focus
- Outstanding grammar, writing and verbal communication skills; intimate understanding and use of Associated Press style
- Insatiable consumer of local, regional and national online, television and print news
- Ability to edit quality videos & photography
- Outgoing, confident personality
- High level of creativity and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to work independently and think critically
- Organized and detail oriented; strong time-management skills
- Proficiency in Adobe CC software platforms and Canva
Compensation & Benefits
This is a 15- to 20-hour-per-week internship opportunity with the potential to become a full-time position. Ideally the candidate will work 15-20 hours per week during the fall and spring academic semesters and 24-40 hours per week during the summer break. Compensation will be determined based on skill levels and experience.
Our offices are located in lovely downtown Mount Horeb, Wisconsin, a 35-minute drive from the UW Madison and Edgewood College campuses.
Submit a cover letter and resume by September 30 to [email protected]. Lazybones and those who do not understand the meaning of arriving at the office on time and ready to begin their workday need not apply.